Thursday 7 August 2008

Did you know that Mata Hari was Dutch?

Mata Hari, ou melhor, Margareth Geertruida Zelle nasceu no dia 07 de Agosto de 1876, em Leeuwarden, capital da Frísia, província do Norte dos Países Baixos. Morreu em França, em 1917, acusada de espionagem ao serviço da Alemanha durante a Primeira Guerra Mundial.

O teste da sua fidelidade à França, país onde residia e trabalhava como bailarina, incluiu como ponto obrigatório e essencial a sua passagem por Lisboa.

Querem saber o que aconteceu? ;-) Cliquem aqui.

Algumas imagens...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice video! The story of Mata Hari is very intersting, actually. You should go to the museum, is not very big, basically just a big room with huge photos of her, letters, and her wardrobe, you can see her dresses, headpieces, etc.
I also want to go to her house in The Hague, I go there so often and I just forget to look it up.

Presépio no Canal said...

i did not know about her house in Den Haag!!

We can go together if you want :)

Unknown said...

Sure! We can organize a trip to Den Haag together when I get back from my trip to Argentina (16 Oct-5 Dec).

Presépio no Canal said...

December is best to me too :)

I will miss you during your holidays ;) but I hope you enjoy your holidays very much :) with tango and good food mhmhm and with your family and friends ;)