Friday 23 April 2010

Once upon a time in the Zuiderzee...

17 April 2010: I' ve visited the MuseumPark of the ZuiderzeeMuseum...

Once upon a time in the Zuiderzee...

"...many fishing villages grew up and several developed into walled towns with extensive trade connections, in particular Kampen, a town in Overijssel, and later also towns in Holland such as Amsterdam, Hoorn, and Enkhuizen. These towns traded at first with ports on the Baltic Sea, in England, and in the Hanseatic League, but later also with the rest of the world, when the Netherlands established its colonial empire. When that lucrative trade diminished, most of the towns fell back on fishing and some industry until the 20th century when tourism became the major source of income. " (Wikipedia)

A Pesca/ de visserij

From ZuiderZee Museum


From ZuiderZee Museum


From ZuiderZee Museum


From ZuiderZee Museum


From ZuiderZee Museum


As pessoas/ de mensen

From ZuiderZee Museum


From ZuiderZee Museum


From ZuiderZee Museum


Os barcos/ de botten

From ZuiderZee Museum


A roupa tradicional/ de kleding

From ZuiderZee Museum


As casas/de huizen

From ZuiderZee Museum


From ZuiderZee Museum


From ZuiderZee Museum


(to be continued...)

4 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

SANDRA! This is utterly magical....these photos of old Dutch life are captivating and I want TO BE THERE! The people, their wooden shoes....everything you see in a fairytale and what I dream of...I love that little blue room with the baby basket...how sweet!

Many thanks for the wonderful tour! Bisous, Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I just had to come by again for some magical Dutch/Portuguese style! Sandra, this is enchantment par excellence.

Merci! Anita

Presépio no Canal said...

Thank you so much, my dear, for your sweet and kind words ;-) I m very happy that you like it ;-) I have more photos of the ZuiderzeeMuseum to put here and I will do it during next week ;-) I just love to be there! So relaxing place!
Here the sun is shining! So good!
Many blessings to you, dear one!
;-)

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH SANDRA! I just saw that you made it to my birthday party! NO worries, we still have plenty of cake and costumes!!!! I am glad that I happened to see your comment! Oh, you are so sweet to think of me! No hurries...I know what it is like to be under the pressure of school demands...wow, it feels so good to be done. The day before my birthday, I received my diploma in the mail! And my raise due to my Master's degree has been approved! I can't believe i did it...and you will finish as well. You are young and smart and determined!

Much love to you dearest one, Anita