Sunday 28 November 2010

London: Aspley House

After the stroll in the Hyde Park, we went to Park Lane where is located Aspley House, the First Duke Wellington's house.

From London


In the subway passage in front of the Palace, we found references about his military campaigns in Portugal...

From London


and about the exquisite Silver Portuguese Service of the palace...

From London


From London


I didn't visit the house because I would need to arrive earlier to do a proper visit. Next time, ok? ;-)

I leave you with Stephen Fry, as Duke of Wellingthon, in a Blackadder episode ;-) Enjoy!

4 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Sandra, I can always count on you to take me to places that I can only dream about....but your history and photos are good for me dearest!

BISOUS, Anita

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Sandra, that would be a dream to see all of what you mentioned, and to HEAR your beautiful accent! AND YES, LIPSTICK AND DAY CREAM are all I need! IF I go out and get really dressed up, then mascara and maybe some kohl eye shadow, but during the rest of the time, a natural and fresh look is best!

OHHHH, I so wish I could fly to NL NOW!!! HAPPY WINTER DEAREST! Anita

PATagonia said...

What a pity that you didn´t visit the Aspley house, it would be really interesting!

ana said...

Belo, belo e muitas saudades de Londres.
Boa noite, obrigada pelas palavras que deixou na minha janela!