Thursday 13 October 2011

Where are you, Fofinho?

My cat is missing since last Tuesday. I'm so worried and sad.
From Coisas Minhas
We have been looking for him everywhere, day and night, by foot and by car. We have placed photos at the supermarket and at the vet clinic. After looking for him without results tuesday evening and wednesday morning, I called to the police to know what should I do in these circumstances. They advised me to contact the Dieren Ambulance. And so I did and I have followed all their advices. I took a look at mijn dier is zoek, a site with photos and information about lost pets found by other people. But unfortunately, I didn't find anything! Then I phoned to the Dieren Asiel in Almere asking if someone has left Fofinho there. Later I also sent a Fofinho's photo. Finally, I sent all the information to Amivedi, a site about lost pets. The Dieren Ambulance assistant also told me if they find my cat in the street, they will let me know. I've sent to them my cat's photo to help them on their work. I've also talked to my neighbours, checked frontyards, backyards, corridors, lakes, public gardens, etc. Nothing! I'm so worried and sad, but I'm trying to think positive. He has got a chip with its identification data. That means he can easily be recognized. He has got all the vaccines. That means he is more protected against this cold weather. He is friendly. Perhaps he will be found by a gentle soul. I'm worried because this is not his usual behaviour. Everyday he likes to go for a walk, but after a while he comes back to eat something and drink water. He is doing a special diet because he has bladderproblems. On the other side, the street is very quiet and he knows the surroundings. But I just can't find him anywhere and he doesn't come back home. Where are you, Fofinho? I thought perhaps he was injured and he could not move. So I called for him, but not even a sound. I've been looking carefully at the sidewalks and the roads (perhaps an accident), but gladly, I didn't see him in those circumstances. I don't know what to think about and what to do more. Where is he? I checked all the places I was able to remember. If it was in the Summer and he was younger, I would be more relaxed. But knowing him under this rain and cold, with 15 years old, I'm fearing the worst scenario. I'm so sad. I want him with me, protected and well. Why doesn't he come back home?? Why don't I see him anywhere? Just pray, so I would be able to find him soon. Tomorrow I will place more photos in public places.

7 comments:

PATagonia said...

Sandra,
What a pity!!! And he was too old to go for a Fofinha... I have 3 cats here, but they aren´t mine, they are of my neighbour... 3 months ago she went to visit her family and didn´t come back till now. Two of them are little cats (they borned in January), so we give them food, water and love... now she came back but they are with us!!! It´s incredible the love that they could give us... I will pray for Fofinho... Good luck and don´t loose hope...

Presépio no Canal said...

Thank you so much, Patricia!! I just cannot sleep! I'm nervous, and at the same time, thinking about new ways to find him. Thank you very much for your prayers!
I just came back from Portugal in the end of september ( I stayed more time to give some support to my mother), missing him so much, and now this...

Sami said...

I hope you find him soon Sandra, he is a bit old to be running away. Maybe someone took him in thinking he was lost or abandoned. Hopefully after seeing photos of him everywhere they will contact you.
I have 5 cats, so I know how worrying that can be. Sometimes one of my cats will not be home for dinner (maybe eating at a neighbours´s house?) and I worry, so I can just imagine your worry after a few days. All the best xx

Teresa said...

Olá Sandra, infelizmente não posso ajudar mas compreendo perfeitamente a dor e preocupação por que estás a passar. Os gatos são muito inteligentes, sabem-se proteger bem e aquilo que se diz das 7 vidas tem um fundo de verdade. Ainda em Portugal a minha Mica atirou-se da nossa varanda do primeiro andar para a rua. Quando nos apercebemos fomos à procura dela e só vimos sangue no lugar onde caiu e depois um rasto de sangue que dava a volta ao prédio e que terminava à porta do prédio mas nem sinal da Mica. Que aflição, pensamos logo no pior mas nunca desistimos de a procurar. Passou mais de uma semana em que procuramos sem parar, contactamos todas as pessoas que conseguimos, espalhamos cartazes pela zona e nada. Até que finalmente alguém nos ligou a dizer que a tinha encontrado, com umas mazelas que a impediram de se alimentar durante todo o tempo que esteve desaparecida e que a deixaram no veterinário por uns dias mas tudo acabou bem.
Muita força agora nesta fase e não percas a esperança. O Fofinho vai aparecer como se nada fosse e vai continuar a dar marradinhas e a roçar-se nas pernas da dona deixando tudo cheio de pelos à sua passagem. Fico a torcer pelo Fofinho e pelo seu rápido regresso a casa.

Presépio no Canal said...

Thank you, Sami and Teresa, for your kind words! Very conforting! Fofinho is with me since the first month.
Teresa what an amazing story!!! I will hold on it to keep the faith in finding Fofinho! Thank you so much!

Obrigada pelo apoio! :-)

Bjs!!

ana said...

Sandra,
Sei quanto é difícil pois tenho dois gatos. O gato é o único que sai e também fico apreensiva quando se demora a regressar.

Vai ver que ele aparece. Passeie todos os dias nos locais que ele gosta. Se tem árvores grandes, olhe para cima. Uma vez tive que chamar os bombeiros para recolherem o gato porque eles não sabem descer.
O Fofinho pode ter-se assustado e subido a uma árvore.
À tardinha chame sempre por ele. Vamos todos fazer força para que regresse a casa e ao conforto do lar.
Beijinho especial!

Presépio no Canal said...

Ana, hoje ja dei uma caminhada de dois kilometros. O bairro e enorme, Ana, enorme. Basta dizer que tem 4 paragens de autocarro.Todas as casas com jardins a frente e atras, corredores entre os jardins traseiros, espacos de parqueamento, arbustos, relvados a perder de vista. E quase como procurar agulha em palheiro.
Hoje de manha deixei posters na farmacia, na escola, noutro supermercado, nas obras em frente da paragem do autocarro aqui ao pe ( e falei com os senhores que la trabalham), numa loja de conveniencia que funciona tambem como posto dos correios, etc...Ja falei tambem com os senhores da limpeza dos jardins publicos.
Parei tudo nestes tres dias para procura-lo, mas amanha tenho de voltar a minha vida.
Agora e ter esperanca e continuar todos os dias a passear e a procurar. Va la que hoje esta sol e uma luz muito bonita. Hoje tambem e Dia de Nossa Senhora de Fatima. Que a Senhora proteja o meu gato, e so o que peco!
Bjs!!